Saturday, October 13, 2007

Still alive.... barely

Cam Rock CX today. Raced the 40+ 4s with the Shedmaster hisself. Go ahead and make fun of the category but I'll take it any day over the two alternatives: 40+ regular where I get shellacked and 4s regular where there were about 295 racers. The 23 in my race sounded lots better; besides, we race first so we get rock star parking. That's worth the price of admission for me.

Anyway, I won't bore you with the race report details, just a quick recap cuz I know you all (well, all one of you- thanks for reading mom) have short attention spans. Got in the top 3 at the start, passed by Russell, passed Russell back when he was resting in the dirt, crashed Russell and he busted up his shit, got passed by a Hollander guy, and hung on for 4th place. Out of the money but respectable enough considering I've raced a bike precisely once since last CX season, which if you were paying attention was a complete disaster.

Thanks to Paul Roltgen, Lewis Clark, John Ericsson and the rest of the Brazen Hussies Krew for a great race. Next up, Badger Prairie and Madison vegetarian extraordinare Renee Callaway's big party at the park. Mmmm, burgers made of veggies; with enough free beer, I could grow to like something like that.

3 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

Hey, there's two of us who read this blog.

Nice job on the finish. Who gives a .... what category it is, you're racing bikes!

Ronsta, said...

Since there's no MTB race tomorrow, I guess I'll see ya in Verona.
Nice job today!

jwm said...

295? this blog is supposed to encourage me to head to Verona... oh well, packed already, guess I start drivin'.

-jwm