Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's all good aka Badger Cross

That's right peeps, it's all good. All good at Badger Cross that is. The Shedmaster and my bad self took another cruise to the land of liberalism today. Well, a bit south of there but close enough for me to feel good about it.

A quick trip in The People's Chrysler and Badger Prairie Park popped into view. I saw Renee Callaway of Madcross.org on the way in and thanked her for ordering some good CX weather for a change. It's about time. Many course changes this year made the new course one of the best I've ever raced. If you weren't going uphill or running barriers, you were negotiating off camber downhill slaloms that were getting muddier and slipperier by the lap. As the punks say: man, that sh*t was DOPE.

40+ 4s again today. Here's the one fragmented sentence recap: 16 guys, fast start up the pavement, dive into the course, Lewis crashed, took over 2nd spot, got tired, lost spots, Lewis passed me, he laid down for another rest, Tim from Hollander passed me, The Shedmaster passed me, he laid down for a rest, no gain for me, rolled in for a 5th, Russell a 4th.

A few other notes on the day are in order: I suck at cornering and used the WRONG tires. It was raining the whole time, perfect for CX but BAD for me and my poor choice of rubber. Lesson learned.

Next week Whitewater; in a word, yuk. I asked JP Ericsson to give them some help in course design. He said it was hopeless. Sunday brings the second edition of the Janesville race which I missed last year but am excited to race this year.

Thanks to Renee, JP and Capitol Velo Club for a great, well organized race on a fantastic course. Who'd a thunk a bunch a Madison chicks could put on such a great race?

1 comment:

jwm said...

I had no clue what to expect of that race, it was very nice.

Score one for Madison chicks.

-Jeff