Sunday, October 21, 2007

Make mine a double please

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, beeeee therrrrrrre. Gibbs lake that is.

I have to start this report with the following question: what happened to fall? Damned if we didn't have a nicer weekend than any in recent memory. Now I like my rainy/cold/muddy races as much as the next guy but there is something to be said for 65 and sunny. When we finally do get seasonal weather, I'm afraid my system won't know how to react.

On to the one fragmented sentence race report for those short of attention span: Go!, hit the first turn in second spot behind Lewis, sucky corners, lose spots, cool tree barrier, settle in, Russell catches and motors on up the hill, nice, groove on, enjoy the colors, see Lewis on the side WTF?, catch Tim T, oh crap drop chain, roll in for 5th again.

Since it was such a nice day and I was feeling energetic I decided to jump into the 4's race too 10 minutes after my 40's finish. I won't do a race report except to say that by the time I climbed that hill at race pace for the 8th time my legs were starting to get noodle-y. I had a good time heckling some other riders and got a great workout on the day. Considering I had done 4 laps of the course in warmup, that made for 12 laps total. A good day.

My hope is that I am racing into form. There's nothing like racing to get you into race shape. If nothing else, I've thus far been consistent, but I feel like I'm getting better. Hmm, everyone else must be too....

Thanks to Michaels Cycles for a great course and a well organized event. Thanks again to Renee Callaway of Madcross.org for pics and video- check her site often for updates.

No comments: