Sunday, October 21, 2007

Whitewater CX

I've been wondering where to go with the one fragmented sentence race report for this race and I think I've got it: Rich says 'go' and off goes a line of 20 some guys all heading for the same chute, I get in top five, fast barriers, bu-bu-bu-bumpy ride hang on tight, nice downhill/shoulder/run, get passed by then drop the Brazen Hussies guys, ride around in no-man's-land, hold off Russell, wonder when the hell they're going to post laps??, all the sudden it's the bell, cruise in for my by now familiar 4th place finish. Eight laps in all I think.

So last year this was the most pathetic race and course, and as noted elsewhere it costs more than the other races for some reason but I scored a nice seat bag so that's ok. All the other dudes complained about the course this year but I had to remind them of some of the redeeming qualities like the fast dismount barriers and the nice barrier/run/barrier section. A race like this probably favors my strengths though so maybe that's why I liked it. What strengths? I can hear you saying.... Well, the get in the groove and motor type since my technical riding skills are severely lacking and there weren't many needed for this race. F*ck the rest of 'em; I had fun, besides, what would I rather be doing on a beautiful fall day?

1 comment:

jwm said...

Good choice for a beautiful day.

Some of us laid low, did a run through on Estabrook, and began biding their time before the more local races start.

-jw