Wednesday, April 12, 2006

We will now resume normal programming


Whew! It's over. As any of you who attended Saturday night's festivities can attest, I was a busy boy getting ready for the shindig. In the span of nine days I accomplished the following: re-drywalling the front hall; repairing the walls in the the foyer, front and back stairs and upstairs hall; installing new bedroom doors; installing new bathroom door; refinishing foyer floor; painting foyer, front and back stairs and upstairs hall; installing the 12 channel sound system as well as all the regular stuff to get ready for a party that included 145 people.

Thanks to all the fellow bloggers for the nice comments. We had an absolute blast and consider the bash a resounding success. A few stats for those of you who like them: 50+ GALLONS of beer (no WONDER I was so godawful hungover Sunday!!), 37 bottles of wine, 80 chicken breasts, 16 pounds pork roast, 20 pounds shrimp, 9 pounds smoked salmon, 6 pounds cheese, 10 boxes crackers, 6 pounds artichoke dip, 12 baguettes, and piles upon piles of veggies, dip, hot canapes etc etc.

Man, 40 is starting out good..... except maybe for the riding. If you think I haven't updated my blog in awhile, you should see my cycle log. There just hasn't been anything to add. Photos should return this week to Crossmadness. I have some good material from the party plus soccer started this week for Sam and Maddie and I've got a new long lens to put to work.

Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to be writing on this blog but sometimes I've gotta break the rules. I can do that. It's my POS blog after all.

2 comments:

velodan said...

You forgot the cookies.

bubba said...

Thanks for padding my stats....What did the other 144 people eat and drink???