Thursday, December 07, 2006

Excuses


I finally have some validation for my crappy cross season. After weeks and weeks of feeling crummy, I broke down and went to see my doc yesterday. The last time I saw him was in September, after weeks and weeks of feeling crummy. He put his stethoscope on my back and after about two seconds says "why didn't you come to see me sooner?" My answer: "even though I like you, I don't like to see you, ya know". Next thing he asks is how have I been feeling since I saw him in September and I say well, now that you mention it, not so good.

Long story short, the bug I had in September settled in for the long haul and managed to turn into a nice case of mycoplasma pneumonia. Top that with a nasty sinus infection that won't go away and I'm just a walking bacteria farm. No fu**ing wonder my fall sucked so bad.

I walked out with a fresh scrip for the super-duper, end all, ain't no better stuff, Azithromycin. I really hope it does the trick and kills this stuff so my life can get back to normal.

8 comments:

bmxmtbfam said...

eat some garlic and bananas, I read it and tried it. Yes it taste like hell but it will clear out that sinus infection quick than any drugs.

bubba said...

No No Kenny....Sounds to me like he needs the procedure known as an Addadicktomy.....

Sarah Lukas said...

ah not cool! Well start feeling better!

I was gonna go to Chitown with you kids but I needed to end my season. I felt like I kept adding on another race every week, so I decided it was enough. I can't believe I missed out on chicago dogs though!!

The Shed Master said...

Just rub some dirt on it - you'll be fine.

Mike said...

That sukks man, at least you gott sum meds! I'll drop off your long-lost bike tommorrow night, aight?

DIHAF? said...

I think Dr. Geitner would concurr that this is a missed diagnosis. You need to get on the mountain bike and crash on some rocks. A good blood lettin' will get the evil humours out of your system.

The Shed Master said...

Since I rode with you yesterday, I know you're not dead. I think it's well past time to update this thing.

tosacrosser said...

Word