Monday, November 06, 2006

Estabrook

What a waste of time on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. 1 1/2 laps. My first ever DNF in a race of any kind. Got a super start, first to the turn off onto the grass. Lost a few places to the strong guys over the rest of the lap and then, BOOM, no more legs. Hamstrings felt like overstretched piano wire and I was done. I don't know what I did the week before last that was so bad but it's haunting me now to the point where I don't know whether I should try to finish the season or just cash it in and recover. What a drag.

5 comments:

bubba said...

6:30pm Tues. night at the Tosa bridge for some fun ridin'....

My God!!! I don't mean that the way it sounds.

Mike said...

Ha! Both your bikes DNF'd in one day. Thanks for the borrow, the bike put me in the locker this morning. I think I'm going to buy you some wide bars though, that'll be my rent payment (that I'll get some use out of). You mind if I ride her on the Tosa trails tonight?

tosacrosser said...

Not at all Mike....

Mike said...

great! man is it nice out today...should be a good ride.

Anonymous said...

well, count your blessings.. I swore I'd hit Washington Park and/or Estabrook.. and both weekends I was hard down with some voodoo bacterial infection(s). Recover up. Better days next weekend.